Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Anthropologie purchases

My mom would love this pitcher from Anthropologie, on sale now for $19.95:


It's so cute and pretty and would look nice with flowers in it. She likes pitchers. Then again, every day I see something she would love. She loves owls. Owls are everywhere now!

I have an unreasonable obsession with Anthropologie, and all things that look like they could be sold there. My dream is to have an entire wardrobe of Anthropologie clothes. To date, I only have one item. It's a skirt that I bought at an Anthro store, the first and only time I've ever been to one. I just happened to be in the neighborhood and saw the store and got SO. EXCITED. Then I went inside and saw that they have all this stuff that isn't in the catalog! (or, maybe it's just old stuff?) I couldn't afford anything so I did as I always do - I headed straight to the back of the store, where the clearance and sale items are. They had two small racks of clothes on sale, and I saw the most beautiful skirt. It was $60, marked down from...I think $160. So I splurged and bought it. When I got home, I saw that I had only been charged $30! What a score! That was my greatest shopping victory ever. It's a Moth "Lantern's Glow" skirt. I can't find it online except in dress form, it's brown with an overlay of crocheted birds.




Today I just got an email that my Anthropologie order has been shipped. Number 2 in my collection! It's a sweater that's been on sale for awhile, long enough that they ran out of the color I wanted in my size. I've wanted it because of the awesome sleeves. They're gigot sleeves, and I hunted the internet high and low for another top like it, and came up with nothing. Zero. What I love about these sleeves is that they are puffy around the shoulders, bringing emphasis to the bust area (the part of me I like) and the sleeves are tight from the elbows down, de-emphasizing my tummy, a part of me I'm not as proud of showing off. Even better than that, though, is the convenience factor. I'm always shoving up my sweater sleeves to do stuff, either because I'm warm or I don't want them to get dirty. No problem with this cardigan! Oh, and I love cardigans so much. Just like Mr. Rogers. I love layering. So anyway, I ordered the gray color, and got it in large even though I usually wear medium, because I want to layer it. Hopefully it will fit right. It's called the Juliet cardigan, it's $49.95 marked down from $88. That is a pretty big splurge for me, I'm used to buying clearance stuff that's less than $20. At this point, I'm becoming more inclined to save up for things I really love, rather than buy clothes for less that I just like. ShopStyle alerts are my friend! I have a rule that I will never pay retail. Retail is for suckers.


No comments: