Sunday, October 25, 2009

Shopping weekend booty

JCPenney had a fantastic looking sale running Friday and Saturday. It turned out to not be so fantastic - they jacked up the prices so the sale prices were still pretty high. Boo. They did have some cheap things, but not much I wanted. I did walk away with a winter coat that may just be warm enough for the tundra.

 St. John's Bay® Hooded Zip Front Pea Coat, blended wool and cashmere. It was around $80 on sale marked down from $200. I'm not sure that mine is exactly this one but it's pretty close. 

I picked up another jacket to wear that's more lightweight and suited more for layering. It's a double-breasted wool pea coat with 3/4 sleeves. It's by Guess and was only $30 at TJ Maxx. It looks kind of like this one, but with a different lapel.

 

Instead of going for colors, I played it safe so I could have these for awhile. I plan on tailoring them so they fit better and can add color with scarves and gloves and hats. I'm working on learning how to make those myself. Scarves are easy to make and I have plenty, I have plans to make some arm warmers now.

Old Navy didn't look the same when I stopped there. The whole store had been remodeled, I'm not sure if it was for the new season or if it was a larger planned out thing. There wasn't as much rock-botttom cheap stuff as usual. When I went in they had a promotion where if you donated a can of food, you got 10% off your purchase. There was a fleece Sherpa hoodie there that I wanted, but I decided to come back with the can of food later in the week for the discount. Well, it turned out that JCPenney had the same hoodie for cheaper, even without the discount, so I never returned. What can I say, I like a bargain and I can donate food somewhere else! 


SJB® Active Sherpa Hoodie from JCPenney. I have the red one, which is another option that wasn't at Old Navy. I like rocking the little red riding hood look. They had a lot of bright neon colors, as is the old/new trend. I remember that trend the first time, and I liked it then, but I was probably 11 years old or something. If I can remember a trend the last time it came around, I probably shouldn't be wearing it now. That's a personal rule. Anyway, I hate winter, but a cozy hoodie makes it a little more bearable. Socks too, and blankets, and other warm cozy things. Yay. Cardigans I wear all year long, I'm big on layering. Hey, it worked for Mr. Rogers.

St. John's Bay® Ruffle Front Cardigan - It was it was maybe $14 in the store. I got a tan version. The ruffles are pretty.

I didn't pick up anything with a lot of wow factor, but I'm satified. I've been organizing my stuff lately and fnding more and more things that I forgot that I had. Also, color-coordinating the closets and drawers makes putting together outfits so much easier.

Now that it is cooler, I have gone back to wearing my house shoes. They are these adorable clogs that I have had for a long time.

They're Haflinger Grizzly Wool Felt Clogs with Embroidery. So comfy! They look like they belong on a milk maid in Bavaria somewhere. Papa! I will be back with the milk! The hills are alive with the sound of moooing!

No comments: